Switching wattage settings on an LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsky

Reaction score
So, do you need to put the amp in standby mode, when switching between the wattage settings on the same channel? I just received my amp, & I'm just fiddling around with all the sounds I can get out of this, & I wanted to make sure I'm not stressing out the tubes by just switching between 10/50/100 (or even tube rectification) while it's not in standby.

Thanks,

starsky said:
So, do you need to put the amp in standby mode, when switching between the wattage settings on the same channel? I just received my amp, & I'm just fiddling around with all the sounds I can get out of this, & I wanted to make sure I'm not stressing out the tubes by just switching between 10/50/100 (or even tube rectification) while it's not in standby.

Thanks,

i don't put my lss on standby to switch watts and don't remember reading anything in the manual about it. the manual does say leave it on standby for 30 sec when first starting up.

I don't know if it's necessary, but when I change wattage, rectifiers or tweed/full power, I"ll put it in standby just to be on the safe side.

It just seems weird that I feel compelled to do so, since switching channels with the footswitch doesn't phase me.

Latest posts

Back