switching delay on single rec solo 50 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidprint

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 1st generation single rec head and I've noticed there is a slight delay when switching between channels.
I would like to know is there any way this can be rectified (no pun intended) either by an amp mod/repair or by using a different footswitch.

Can anyone help?

Anyone got any responses?
Please guys - this is making my life miserable! Always wanted a mesa, now I've finally got one and it the switching makes it almost useless!!! :(

no haven't called mesa as I bought the amp second hand and i didn't think they'd help cos of that.
i may try and look for a tech in london to try and get it fixed, altho i used it with my boss overdrive at the weekends and it sounded really good. a lot more natural when turning that on and off as there was no big change in sound like you get when changing channels.

kidprint said:
no haven't called mesa as I bought the amp second hand and i didn't think they'd help cos of that.
i may try and look for a tech in london to try and get it fixed, altho i used it with my boss overdrive at the weekends and it sounded really good. a lot more natural when turning that on and off as there was no big change in sound like you get when changing channels.

Any luck on this? I'm kind of in the same boat. I heard the series II have addressed this but I got mine for so cheap and this is the only thing I don't like about it.

Don't really want to run a distortion pedal. Got rid of all that stuff for Mesa's tone.

This is really frustrating. No one knows ANY solution for this problem? One thing for sure, I am not about to start putting overdrive or distortion boxes to my amp. I tried the Zakk Wylde Overdrive on it and it sucked all the bottom end out of the tone. But yeah, the slight delay in the footswitch is a pain in the ***!

I'm in that same boat as well. Anti Boogie for years but this 1X12 combo amp got my attention as did the Maverick. The only solution I've come up with is to use the volume control on my guitar and forget channel switching. I like the Pushed clean tone but that delay in switching is just not acceptable. Whoever let that slip through the cracks probably kept quiet an gets a bit uneasy when the subject comes up.
I would think that if the problem was addressed in the Series 2 Mesa Boogie should feel obligated to correct this for those with the Series 1.
Does the Maverick have this same problem. I'd rather go the Maverick route but if it's a similar issue I may just steer away from Boogie altogether. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Latest posts

Back