SUS-4 new combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrown101

Reaction score
So i just purchased a used combo shell and it has sus4

it came with 4 washers and 4 screws and one rubber ring in a bag (bought it used)

Im wondering if iinstalled it correctly i dont know what the rubber ring was for so i didnt use it

I put the chassis in the shell , stuck the screw through the washer and then through the sus4 mounts and screwed into the chassis.

the chassis seems to bounce around a bit if i move it...Im guessing this is normal but just double checking to make sure i did it correctly

what was the rubber ring for?was i missing parts?

Post a pic of the rubber ring.

The Sus 4 mounts have a rubber ring which surrounds a thick (or elongated?) washer.
These are sort of attached to a square metal plate and mounted under the top on the inside of the cab.
Sus 4 means all four mounts are "suspended", thus the movement.
The theory being the Sus 4 mounts help protect the chassis from speaker vibrations in the combo.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you a question: I noticed that the Calibers 50 adopt the SUS4 system, while the Dual Calibers do not have it. Which system is adopted instead of the SUS4 in Dual Calibers and other Boogies without SUS4??
Thank you!!

Back