Subway Rocket......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disassembled

Reaction score
Does anyone else own one or has anyone else owned one?

The clean channel sounds typical and can go from clean to crunch.....

The lead channel is really dark but is very smooth.......

The contour channel sounds like the DV on a TA but a bit worse (the full scoop thing again)......

I tried different pre tubes but the power tubes made a bigger difference since the originals were pretty shot. While this helped the tone it didn't transform the base of what it is.

Any opinions? I don't want to decide to dump this thing yet as I only played it at moderate levels for one night. I was hoping to use it for playing out but the lead channel is just so **** dark. Maybe a bright switch for the lead channel is in order? There's a treble shift activated with the lead channel too according to the schematic.....

I was thinking of some mods:

1. Bright switch for lead channel (Make Treble a pull pot)
2. Treble shift defeat for lead channel (make Mid a pull pot)
3. Add 4 Trim pots in place of the resistors for the contour EQ (this won't be accessible with the amp together)

Those mods might make this little amp into a great one. It may sound better at rehearsal or gig levels and I have to try it into a Thiele cab to rule out the speaker as the culprit. The amp is pretty much what I wanted......boogie tone in a lightweight and portable package with channel switching...... I just need to see if I can tweak it to work better for me. I definitely don't want anything heavier or bigger.

What are your thoughts?

Greg

Latest posts

Back