Studio Slips - Loving Care for your Amp.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiewan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey all,

I strongly suggest that EVERYONE checks out http://www.studioslips.com and considers a new jacket for your MESA. I have several of the clamshells and HIGHLY reccomend them. I used to do the road case route for all my hardwood amps, but hese are much better and easier on the back!!

Susan B. (wife of Mike B. and all around amazing person) makes them. She runs a shop up the road from Petaluma and does all the work herself. The quality is exceptional and the service top notch. She has all the measurments of the various amps, so fit is not an issue! Check it out, they are great!

May the tone be with you.....

BWK

+1 for Studio Slips and Susan. She makes a fine product. She can make covers for non Mesa gear as well.

Boogiebabies: thanks for the heads-up. I have a hrdwood and wicker f-50 on order, and I have been researching road cases. Do the studio slips really provide adequate protection? I'm gigging no more than 4 times a month, and most of the shows are local (i.e. within a 50 mile radius). I transport my gear in a Wrangler.

I currently own a DC-3 and use a studio slip for that, but I guess I just assumed the way to go with the hardwood was with a road case. Convince me that's not the way to go, please.

I am nuts about Studio Slips and Mesa slip covers. They keep them dust free and the padded Studio Slips Clamshells are made of ballistic nylon and then stuffed. If you gig, it is not a large price to protect your amp even if it's not a harwood. Susan B. is like the only slip cover maker for Dr. Z and Matchless. Her stuff is way better in terms of quality over the plain Chinese Boogie slip covers.

Back