Studio preamp questions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScreaminSaint

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which mark series preamp this thing is modeled after? i hear it's modelled after the mark III/IIc+.

I don't think so. I'm running through a recto and they're known for not being 100% wet loops so even though I'm not getting the full thang, it still sounds very cool. I would imagine the studio/quad into a powersection like the IV would be VERY cool :)

Do you notice much difference in the tone of the studio and the IV?

mJ

well, they sorta have this same vibe, i can't explain what it is, i know they're from the same company, so therefore they'll have that same vibe, but the mark IV has the tone a very thick thick tone to it, and when i plugged the pre in, it was carrying out that tone as well, do you have aim/msn my friend? I would like to ask you some questions rather then keep posting,

Well the IV has the C+ lead circuit so the preamp section should be pretty close to the Studio too...I haven't looked at the schematics in awhile, but I know the lead circuit is pretty much the C+ in the IV and as I said before, the studio fairly close :)

Yeah I have msn, I'll add ya :)

mJ

Back