Studio 22 ext cab question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primeholy

Reaction score
My Studio 22 only has two speaker jacks, one marked 8ohm for the internal speaker, and one marked 4ohms. Would I be getting full efficiency plugging in a 4 ohm cab into the 4 ohm jack while also using the internal speaker? Here is a pic of the back of my amp.
CIMG0555.jpg

If you plug in a 4 ohm cab and your 8 ohm combo speaker into the speaker outputs at the same time you will eventually overload the amp.

To my knowledge, you should only use one of the outputs.

If you have a 4 ohm cab, unplug the combo speaker and enjoy. I assume the 4 ohm cab is either a 2x12 with two 8 ohm speakers or a 4x12 cab with four 16 ohm speakers. Either cab will work fine. You won't get any speaker distortion but I think that is overrated. Boogies from that era were meant to be heard in all of their glory without speaker distortion.

Bobby Marshall said:
If you plug in a 4 ohm cab and your 8 ohm combo speaker into the speaker outputs at the same time you will eventually overload the amp.

To my knowledge, you should only use one of the outputs.

If you have a 4 ohm cab, unplug the combo speaker and enjoy. I assume the 4 ohm cab is either a 2x12 with two 8 ohm speakers or a 4x12 cab with four 16 ohm speakers. Either cab will work fine. You won't get any speaker distortion but I think that is overrated. Boogies from that era were meant to be heard in all of their glory without speaker distortion.
Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Back