Stiletto Trident Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khawkins

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the forum and am hoping I can get some help. I just purchased a Stiletto Trident Series I on Ebay (manufactured in 2005 and still under warranty) and have had nothing but problems with it.

When I first received it, we were getting ready to go out of town so I only had 15 minutes or so to play. Everything worked fine. When we got back from vacation, I was again crunched for time and played for about another 15 minutes. In this time span, the second channel stopped working. I could still hear it, but just barely (no matter what volume level I set it at). I spoke with a Mesa tech and they suggested replacing the V1 and V2 preamp tubes, which I did. This didn't cure the problem.

Now, I went down to test it out last night and I'm getting no sound whatsoever, from either channel. I'm new to the tube amp game so I'm out of ideas until Monday when I can talk with a Mesa tech again. Has anyone else seen this before?

Try replacing the rest of the preamp tubes. If one dies on the signal chain it send no signal to the power amp. This is especially true for the tube that in the effects loop.

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, I went downstairs and tried that and still there's nothing coming out of it. I was at least getting a little noise coming out a day or two ago and now there isn't even a sound coming out of the speaker cab.

Platypus,

I'm still getting power to it. All lights are on and the tubes are lit. Just no sound coming out of it.

Latest posts

Back