stiletto deuce/trident stage one question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianjdc

Reaction score
hi everyone. couple quick questions. can anyone point me to some clips of stage 1 stilettos. im really have the hardest time finding any, youtube all seems to be stage 2. i currently play into 2 bands with my roadster halfstack. what i'm looking to do is run the roadster and stiletto in stereo in the one band (only guitarist) and hopefully gt an ungodly tone. and in my other band let the lead player use the stiletto to get along with the roadster. think this will work ok? i'm not really looking at the stage 2's because of price, and i dont really think i need the extra gain

thanks

brian

Tone-wise they are pretty much the same. The II has more gain and tighter bottom. They have a slightly different feel than each other. The I has a glassier more vintage vibe to it. But these are slight differnces. The stiletto will work great with a recto.

i have a stage one trident, but it has the hollywood mod on it. so i cant tell you how similar it sound to the unmodded stg. 1 trident. but this thing is a beast. sounds amazing. im keeping this amp for life! lol. or as close to it as possible.

cocafan33 said:
i have a stage one trident, but it has the hollywood mod on it. so i cant tell you how similar it sound to the unmodded stg. 1 trident. but this thing is a beast. sounds amazing. im keeping this amp for life! lol. or as close to it as possible.

Does yours have a lag in the switching? I keep hearing people say they don't have a problem with switching lag, but mine has a good second between the time the channels change.

mikey383 said:
cocafan33 said:

Does yours have a lag in the switching? I keep hearing people say they don't have a problem with switching lag, but mine has a good second between the time the channels change.

I haven't noticed any lag when i switch channels. i'll try it out here in a little to double check and i'll let you know

mikey383 said:
cocafan33 said:

No lag on my Series I Trident.

i never had any lag with that amp. what causes this?
mikey383 said:
Bummer. :( That means there's something wrong with mine.

Time to tear into it again.

droptrd said:
mikey383 said:

I found out it's my effects processor and not the amp. :oops: I brought the amp home and was going to check it out, thinking it had a sticky relay or something, and it worked fine when I tried it.

Since the amp has a non-assignable loop, the lag between program changes is way more noticeable with the Stiletto. The Recto has a channel assignable loop, so I never noticed the lag on it.

mikey383 said:
droptrd said:
mikey383 said:

I found out it's my effects processor and not the amp. :oops: I brought the amp home and was going to check it out, thinking it had a sticky relay or something, and it worked fine when I tried it.

Since the amp has a non-assignable loop, the lag between program changes is way more noticeable with the Stiletto. The Recto has a channel assignable loop, so I never noticed the lag on it.

The only way to find a problem is to completely isolate it. I have seen people make this mistake many times ..... with a lot of things, not just guitar stuff. There is no way to say what is the problem when there is more than one variable.
I have seen many times ~ people claim there is a amp problem and they replaced the tubes ~ only to find out they replaced it with a other bad tube. That is why you only replace one tube at a time when trouble shooting, not all at once.
A lot of effects have a delay.

It didn't even cross my mind that it had something to do with the effects processor, because I never had that lag with the Recto.

It's too long and complicated to explain the entire situation, but it all has to do with the Stiletto not having the ability to turn the loop on and off.

My solution: I'm building an outboard loop. :wink: A DPDT relay that will basically serve as way to pass the signal straight through the loop, or to the effects in the loop.

Yeah, I know...I'm a nerd. :)

By the time I have my rig done, there will be switching devices all over the place.

Latest posts

Back