Stiletto Ace noise effects problem and the foot switch.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armann

Reaction score
Hello.

Just wondering what's wrong, I haven't tried switching to the diode, just figured that out after reading the forum, going to try that tonight.

When I plug in any effects, for example tube screamer, mxr phaser 90 and Boss dd-20 giga delay.
Doesn't matter if it's one effect or them all, the hiss/noise is the same. If i use the effects loop I get the same hiss/noise.

Could it be a bad preamp tube ?

If my amp is on and not on standby and somebody turns something on, let's say the bass player turns his amp on I get a cracking sound in
my amp, it's really sensitive it seems, where I play we have electric windows, so when somebody opens the window I get the same cracking sound
in the amp.

Foot switch
All of a sudden my foot switch stopped working, got a new stereo jack and now only the channel switch works not the solo button, do I need a special stereo jack ?

Hope somebody can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I have the same problem with my footswitch ever since I have owned the amp. I have a stereo input chord that I plugin to the back of the amp, but I can only switch between the two channels, not the solo. I also have a problem with the output of my amp. This has no effect on the volume of the amp. I have to use the master volume dial to dial in the amount of volume.....no idea what the problem is here!?

One of the connections on my Ace footswitch broke and I had to resolder it (no big deal). I hear this is common as the cable is not strain relieved properly.
Mesa should replace the cable if you cannot fix it yourself.

And BTW, Most Aces' should still be under warranty as of now so you might want to get it looked at because:
My Ace is absolutely quiet. No problem with the loop at all.
However some distortion/overdrive pedals can be noisy, regardless of what amp you use them with. I have a DOD 250 that hisses like a snake. My homebrew BSIAB is pretty much dead quiet.
Noise from surrounding appliances, amps (or windows) sounds like a bad grounding problem in the location's wiring...a job for an electrician. :wink:

And a bad tube can cause a lot of problems; have you tried replacing any (and its possible you have more than one gone bad, though unlikely)?

Try new tube(s), and determine if the symptoms occur only in one location...this should help narrow it down.
Good luck!

If you can't switch between the solo maybe the loop is on hard bypass. I needs to be set in or the solo will not work. Simple solution that I am sure you tried. Doesn't hurt to throw it out there. Best of Luck to you!

The TRS cables that come with the footswitch SUCK IMO, try a new cable (make sure it's TRS AKA Stereo), cheapest fix outside of checking the hard bypass switch.
I get a lot of ground loop issues with my ACE as well, it seems to like to burn through the PI tubes for some odd reason (could be cheap tubes as well, I've become less picky with tubes and more picky with my hands). I bought a $0.75 ground lift adapter and that solves the problem at some outlets (3-2 prong adapter).

Latest posts

Back