Standback on Mark IV Widebody Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deskman

Reaction score
Any one using one of these or their Mark IV Widebody Combo?

http://standback.net/index.php

I'm thinking about getting one but not sure it it will work.

Looks like it will have to rest on the back of the amp in the middle which is where the FX loop switches and Slave/recording out knobs are.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions welcome. Just looking for some kind of tilt solution.

This is the sort of stand that I use. It's a tripod. It keeps the amp off of, but close to the floor. It works well and doesn't block total access to the back of the amp.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11181/117060

(I tried to cut-and-paste the picture, but it would not let me).

I got mine at a local music store for $30.

Mine folds more in a tube shape than a flat shape. It is too long to fit in my Mark IV (a B-series). I don't know how much wider a wide-body Mark IV is.

I purchased a Standback stand a few months ago, but have only used it a few times with my Mark V combo. It will work with the Mark IV, III, II etc too. I liked the Standback because it allows your amp to tilt back but still make contact with the floor.
It does what its supposed to and seems to work well. It's extremely light and folds up so you can stick it in the back of your amp.

The only negative I have to say about it is the lack of adjustment range. I have an older version and there are only two tilt settings. I don't know if the newer version has more or not. I've found that my stand works great when on a small stage/area where the amp is around 3-5 feet behind me. On larger stages where the amp is further away, I can't get the correct tilt angle, so I just use a thin wooden shims under the front feet of the amp.

I remove the rear casters and leave the front casters on. Built in tilt.

Rotating the wheels forward or back will give you two different angles.

If I didn't have casters I'd install Fender tilt back legs.

Anyone ever seen or used one of these?

attachment.php

Seems like this would be an ideal thing for a mark combo, as they seem to be so dependent on placement for how they sound. I've got a nice basic tilted amp stand, but I can't stand the way my mark IV sounds when it's on it - all the bass disappears, and it gets nasally.

never thought of taking the rear castors off.

Gave it a go at a few rehearsals and a gig and it's a winner, save myself some money!

Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back