Splawn Pro-Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
I have a chance to trade some gear for a Splawn Pro-Mod. I have never played one before so could anyone enlighten me as to the tone one of these will produce? I play in a band that does mainly hard rock and metal (lots of Metallica covers) so would this be any competition for my Mark IV?

If you do a lot of Metallica, I really don't see ANYTHING being competition for your Mark IV :p

The Splawn should be much more of a Marshall flavor.

Eric

Splawns are sick dude. Awesome amount of USABLE gain and a ton of great definition. They are what marshalls should sound like IMO. Great amps, and I think you'd really like it if you do Metallica covers.

-AJH

i bought a nitro without even playing one and i tried to like it but it was so sterile and stiff to play and the volume was so friggin lound it was almost unusable... it was wide a$$ open or off. it had a good tone but i felt like i was fighting it to play through it... this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

I have a Splawn Quick Rod which is more upper mid voiced modded marshall sounding. The Nitro is voiced more for the low mids and lots of gain. Splawn amps retain clarity even when overdriven and they make you play. You can't hide when you play a Splawn. I played my Boogie Mark 2C+ since 1989 and wanted a Marshall just to have a different sound. After lots of research, I decided on a Splawn. I didn't like it at first because I was so used to the Boogie compression but I got used to it after I set the tone settings pretty dark. I love it now and use the Boogie for cleans and the Splawn for crunch.

Latest posts

Back