Speaker Suggestion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
I'm converting my Lonestar Classic combo to a head and 1x12 cab. I'm looking to pick up a speaker for under $100. I play Classic Rock, Blues and some clean picking. I've been looking at the Eminence RW&B and a few other ones. Would I need a speaker with at least a 100W rating? Thanks!

I'd bet the Eminence RW&B would be a great speaker for the Lonestar. Probably the best choice at that price.

The black shadows are great for blues but not classic rock. I did the same thing and did a 4x12 with 2 vintage 30's and 2 G12H's in an X pattern. It did a much better job at getting the classic rock tones, but it's not a 1x12.

I don't know eminence's line up that well so I'll defer to others on that. The price is challenging. I would see if Weber has anything out there that suits your needs.

Absent of price, I would look into Austin Speaker Works. I heard good things. They specialize in taking classic low wattage speakers and creating higher wattage versions of them. They started their business as a repair center for the classic celestion speakers. For classic rock, I would like at these: http://austinspeakerworks.com/Crossroads-p-16139.html, but you would need to keep the amp in the 50W mode. They are expensive though. I know it's way out of your price range, but I thought I would share anyway.

Check out Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS). I have several, bang for buck my favorite is the ET65, which is a clone of the G12-65. Very well-made, good to deal with made in the USA. Great stuff.

If you want to bump up in price, I like their AlNiCo Blackhawk HP. That's what's in my LSC combo right now.

Latest posts

Back