speaker choice for single recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-o

Reaction score
I just got a single recto head. Ive tried my greenbacks, they were way too bright, tried the gt-75s in my marshall cab (2x12), better but still not quite what Im looking for. I was thinking v-30s, or possibly a v-30/g12H combo, what are you guys using in your rectos?
thanks!

Dave-o from what you are saying it sounds as though you might be pleased with a Road King 4x12 cab which has 2) C90s and 2) V30s, mono or stereo. It's a really great cabinet and with my Solo fifty head it's perfect for my heavier styles. It really comes alive with a two amp rig in stereo.

Happy hunting

M

The Vintage 30 has a deep low end with a dipped Mid-range frequency response and a mid-output top-end that they refer to as "Taylored". This might not sound incredible by the description but it allows you to turn these Mid and Treble Frequencies up and still give you a more even respo nse on the edgyness of the tone. It retains, if not increases the bottom end response of the signal resulting in a very big sound. I like this speaker with my triple rec in an oversized recto cab. I also like my Marshall 1960A cab with GT75s in it. It has the great bottom end and top end with a little more brightness in the mid-range. These cabs sound great when played together as they seem to compliment each other. In fact Bogner uses this combination in their top-end Ubershall cabinets. 2 V30's and 2 GT75's. Its up to you--the question is what are you missing from the cabs youve tried already? also--4 x 12 cabs will sound different than 2 x 12 cabs even with the same speakers in it. Id be willing to bet that the V-30 speaker in a Traditional (if you like the bottom end tighter) or Oversized (if you like the bottom end bigger)Mesa cabinet would work great for you-- :wink:

Back