solution for vol drop between ch 2 clean and drive?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chmiel

Reaction score
Hey all

I just did the footswitchable drive mod to my lonestar special today, so i have a clean channel, slightly dirty channel for open rhythm and then a big dirty channel for big riffs and leads.

Unfortunately the rhythm channel (Channel 2 on clean, with gain at around 2:00) is always way softer than the lead channel (channel 2 on drive, gain at 2:00, drive at 1:30) even though they share the same volume knob.

Can anyone think of any solutions to fix this so they are at the same level (even roughly) as the drop is just massive.

preferably without me using the solo option when i step on the rhythm channel to match them (although one solution may be to buy a boost pedal, set it up so it matches the levels, and use it whenever i step on the rhythm channel)

Cheers.

Hmm... with mine, I run the gain almost all the way up and then engage the Drive only periodically when I am looking for more low end Marshall grunt. I have the Drive set at about 8 or 9 o' clock, very low. The volume differential isn't that much different for me at these settings. Of course, you are sacrificing some gain from the Drive knob, though it works for me at least. Maybe you could try this setting and then supplement it with an OD pedal if you need more.

What he said on Drive settings

Using a good, transparent OD pedal will thicken up the grunt without a massive volume boost if set up correctly

Good luck

Latest posts

Back