So who is going to take a chance on R0094?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
Blowing fuses, could be a bad tube or something even worse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Amp-Head-Rare-Original-R0094_W0QQitemZ130101534707QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw this earlier today.

Curious to see how much people are willing to pay for it.

Considering the chances of it just being a bad tube I would but I am working on another one. I just can't at the moment. Imagine picking it up for $500 and the problem being gone with a retube.

I'm hoping for that! Cause if so, I might end up with a Mark IV and a 2 channel blackface by the end of the week :shock:

if I didn't have mine already, I'd be bidding all over this thing. Amps can be fixed easily, and we all know mesa's are workhorses that usually only have tube failure.

you guys are freaking out too much about the rust stuff....i'm telling you it comes off. mine did.

What's up with the diamond plate just above the chassis? It looks funky. I can't tell if it's scratched or just just a screwy picture.

The seller said that there was smoke and a burning smell when the fuse blew. Is that normal when blowing a fuse, or indicative of greater damage? Could it still be a retube and cap job? Or could it be more? What do you guys think?

I think it could possibly be some resisters too, could be something simple and cheap and cost about $100, but could go up to as much as $500 to fix.

What makes me wonder, is he said it was on arena tours, I wonder if he was in a well known band.

worst case scenario in most amp repairs is having to replace trannys.
from what he described, its not to likley, but i know from experience that people love to "play dumb" when selling amps that aren't fully functional.

"might just need a retube"

can often mean "might need a new power tranny".

its happen to me twice :evil:

Back