So if I pull R2 and Lead Knobs...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLattack

Reaction score
What does that do? Run them simulatanous? Because it definately changes the sound.

R2 circuit is after the Lead circuit. So the signal goes through R1 then through Lead then through R2.

Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like the sound of R2 and Lead together?

I like it, it really kicks the saturation up a notch and gives palm muted riffs and that extra chug. I just wish there was an easy way that I could find to footswitch between R1 and R2+Lead. Anybody got any clues? I saw that thread discussing this a while back, but that looked like a major pita. Sorry for the hijack, btw :oops:

I have always liked R2 and Lead channels together. When I Modified my Mark III to have separate volume and treble for the clean channel, the only way to make it work was to switch the lead channel on with R2 channel. I needed some power to the relays I added and the power comes from R2 footswitch jack when short circuited. If the R2 was off when the lead channel is on, there would be separate volume and treble for the R2 channel. So the clean and the lead channels would share volume and treble knobs. I need separate volume and treble for the clean channel to get all the good sounds of course.

camsna said:

Depends on where I set my Lead Drive. If set low-ish for more "classic rock," then the extra punch and mids of the R2 is kind of cool, especially for pinched harmonics. But if I have the Lead Drive set higher for more saturated OD, then yeah, R2 is too much for me. As always, YMMV :)

Edward

If set low-ish for more "classic rock," then the extra punch and mids of the R2 is kind of cool, especially for pinched harmonics. As always, YMMV :)

Oh yeah! Me likee "classic rock" tones. ARRGH! Me not understand what YMMV means. Could you explain. My first language is finnish

Are you saying that it is possible to run r2 and lead together, at the same time on a mark 4.
If it's a yes, how do you do this trick exactly?
Thanks!!!

normandk7 said:
Are you saying that it is possible to run r2 and lead together, at the same time on a mark 4.
If it's a yes, how do you do this trick exactly?
Thanks!!!
+1 I dont get it too. So it'd be great if someone can explain in details?

I don't know about the mark IV.

With Mark III you have Rhy/Lead and Clean/R2 footswitches both with a red led.

When both leds are on, it's clean channel
When the Clean/R2 led is off and Rhy/Lead led is on, it's a R2 channel
When the Clean/R2 led is on and the Rhy/Lead led is off, it's a lead channel with the clean channel
When the Clean/R2 led is off and the Rhy/Lead led is off, it's a lead channel with the R2 channel

As soon as you start to play with Mark III, you will notice that the lead differs wheter you have the Clean/R2 led on or off.

Ok, It's a mark III trick.
Sorry cause i did not look what was the amp in the signature of the message.
I don't think something like that is possible with a IV.
Thanks!

camsna said:
:) no ... me too ...
Even on those 'lo gain classic rock tones' I don't like the lead channel with R2 on.
That's why I built myself a footswitch that disables R2 when I switch to the lead channel. That way I have exactly three sounds on my MkIII, and the lead channel is independent on which R* channel I choose ...

Latest posts

Back