So does the Reeder Mod 1 fix this...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogelsong

Reaction score
Okay Im still new here but I've been talking about my dissatisfaction with channel 2 on my LSS.

I started 2 differant threads asking differant questions.

The last one is here, http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=50714

It sounds like The 1st Reeder mod may be up my alley. However, first I wanted to see if just messing with the controls could duplicate it as someone suggested in the original Reeder thread.

I found out that if I set all controls identical with a clean channel 1 just bordering on break up, then turned the channel 2 gain down very low and raised the master on channel 2 to match the volume on channel 1. I could get the channel 2 to be an exact clone of 1 with some fine tuning. Which Im happy about.

The problem I have is once I start trying to color this channel 2 with the gain, and then the OD I run into all kinds of volume problems matching to channel 1. And then of course in the process of trying to match the volume to channel 1, the gain changes and everything else.

So the final question I want to ask before I do the mod is will the first Reeder mod solve this volume issue. Based on what I've read I'm interpreting that it does. But its my interpretation of words on this board. No one has actually said thats the case.

So I need to hear the exact words; will it fix this?

Thanks for everyones patience,

Vogelsong

I *think* what you're talking about is exactly what the 1st mod fixes for people who want what you're describing. In theory the setting should be available somewhere in the dials, but the pot swap makes it easier to zero in on that particular voicing.

djw said:
I *think* what you're talking about is exactly what the 1st mod fixes for people who want what you're describing. In theory the setting should be available somewhere in the dials, but the pot swap makes it easier to zero in on that particular voicing.

Thats what Im after exactly, just want to make sure before I dig in. Have you done the mod? You say "I think", as if your not sure.

I would really like to hear those words from someone that has done the mod.

No offense,

I have done the mod. I said "I think" because I am not 100% sure I understand what you want. If you're asking what what I think you are, then I believe you will like the mod. Some of this is a little bit subjective, so there are no guarantees.

I will say that the volume knob positions on the 2 channels will not always mirror each other, even when you get the channels to sounds exactly the same post-mod. But they're in the same neighborhood and Ch2 is much easier to control from that point.

You're confusing. djw was the author of the sticky "Reeder mod", so yes he has done it. The mod allows for exact tone match and settings with managable volume levels.

plan-x said:
You're confusing. djw was the author of the sticky "Reeder mod", so yes he has done it. The mod allows for exact tone match and settings with managable volume levels.

Sorry, I was wondering how easy that would be to follow as I typed it.

It sounds like it's what I want, if all else fails I can always switch it back, I just don't want to have to.

vogelsong,
Just want to clarify. The 1st Reeder mod will make ch2 identical to ch1 BUT this is without the Drive (I think you called it OD) nor the thick/thicker engaged. If you are talking about volume matching when you engage the Drive, then this mod won't do. The only way to match the volume with the Drive engaged is to do the drive volume mod, which I've documented in detail. Just do a search. May be I should make that a sticky since it comes up quite often.

ja22y said:
vogelsong,
Just want to clarify. The 1st Reeder mod will make ch2 identical to ch1 BUT this is without the Drive (I think you called it OD) nor the thick/thicker engaged. If you are talking about volume matching when you engage the Drive, then this mod won't do. The only way to match the volume with the Drive engaged is to do the drive volume mod, which I've documented in detail. Just do a search. May be I should make that a sticky since it comes up quite often.

That I wasn't even concerned with sounds interesting. Might have to look into that just for kicks. I love tinkering!

ja22y said:
vogelsong,

That would be a good sticky.

After looking at it I want to do it, I know I can do it. However, I'm not sure how I feel about scratching that trace out like that. I'm just not sure I want to alter the board.

I'm pretty happy with the way the amp is at the moment. I like the fact that If I need more volume I can just step on my third button and go to channel 3. Then if that don't do it for me the solo button is the end all beat all. I perfer an incrimental increase over the 3 buttons then just having to go to one button with a big change.

I'll have to mull this one over.

Latest posts

Back