Smoothing out LSS channel 2...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly1235

Reaction score
I've been playing a lot with my Jem, trying to cop a good instrumental/shred tone, but every tone I get just sounds too hairy and crunchy.

I'm currently EQing like so
gain - 1 oclock
drive - 3 oclock
treble - 2oclock
mids - 9 oclock
bass - 11 oclock
presence - 9 oclock
master 11 oclock
I'm set to Thickest

Despite how the EQ looks, the tone is quite bright, and there is a lot of "cruch". I'm looking for something smoother, warmer (you don't hear that request every day) and less aggressive.

Any tips?

You could goose the mids. Back the gain off to 11:00 or 12:00. Open up the presence some more while backing off the treble to compensate. Another option is using a pedal to push the ch.

To piggy-back off what Plan-X has said, I found a good tube screamer type pedal with some delay in the effects loop is magical for smoothing out the lead sound. Go listen to Andy Timmons and you'll see both of these used. His tone is the epitome of smooth.

try a 12at7 in v1

and a greenback

watch the power as greenback is 20 -25 watts

i hate the c90, a gt75-12 was better

Try a Mark or a Stiletto. I think I have an idea of what tone you're going for, and those amps can get there without modifying anything. :)

Drop the treble and increase the presence.

That said, if it's the combo version I never managed to get channel 2 to sound how I wanted until I replaced the stock speaker with a G12M-25.

Latest posts

Back