Slightly OT - Rack case to sit on top of MarkIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thindave

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up a TCElectronics G-System and I want to rack mount the brain in a case which will sit properly on top of my MarkIV short combo. Do any of you know if there's a shallow rackmount case which will sit nice and firm on top of the unit? It would be great of it had feet which would insert into the MarkIV chassis screw receptacles.

The G-System main unit is a shallow 19" module (about 4" deep, but I'd like to allow for room for cables, etc...).

Thanks, Dave

I haven't seen that but if you have the short chassis amp you can rack the amp with the rackmount kit then have both in a rack. The rackmount is 4u tall so you would beed at least a 6u rackbox. I would go at least 8/12u because a tuner would fill the 6u. Add a power conditioner and that makes 7. With even one more than that and the 8u is full. Keep that in mind when choosing.

Hey thindave,

I have the Simul-Satellite combo amp and a 4 space Sus4 shockmount rack with an ADA Mod4 MarkII MP-1 preamp/Rocktron Replifex effects unit. Since the rack is very sturdy and strong, I use it as an amp stand and put the Simul-Satellite on top of it for gigs. I don't have to worry about the rack vibrating off of the top of the amp and falling over.

George

George - thanks - I never thought of doing it that way... :)

I suppose that if I get a road case for my Boogie, I could always rest the rack on the top of the case...

I have one of the shallow "X-rack" 3-unit SDK rack cases to hold my Furman and G-Major (and an old Boss GX-700 that I don't use to fill the 3rd space).

http://www.skbcases.com/product/pro_audio/rack_mount/skb-XRack3.html

It balances on top of my wide-body Mark IV combo perfectly (the combo handle fits into a recession on the bottom of the rack). I don't know how much wider the wide-body combo is, so you might have a bit of overhang on the sides on a short-body combo.

Here's a picture from the front.

Back