Single recto ~ of effects, generic TS, and giga delay :-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellardweller

Reaction score
So I'm experimenting with my relatively new Solo 50 head.
My boss giga delay arrived much faster than I had anticipated, so I have not had time to sit down with the manual yet.

As I cycled through the presets (it is a used pedal, so maybe not factory presets) I come upon preset #2. I give the guitar a little 'plunk' to see what kinda delay this is and the damned thing nearly blew off my face!
I mean the low rumbling nearly made me soil myself! IT WAS LOUD!!!
IT WAS REALLY LOUD!!! (should I say it again? )

I didn't use that preset.

I have a generic "tube mania" wannabe tube screamer that I've used once I think. If memory serves correctly it did not sound horrendously bad.
So I run this into the input of my amp, and it sounds like monkey-balls!
I mean, thin/brittle/yucky!

The good news, I unplugged all the aforementioned effects, got out my Schecter C7, and fell in love with the two...coupling like lovers in sonic bliss!

It does disturb me that I was not able to get many "good" sounds out of my giga delay.

???RTFM???

How, exactly, do you come to know what monkey balls sound like? :)

I don't know much about the Boss pedal, but it's not cheap...keep fooling with it--I'll bet there's some good stuff in there. Perhaps playing with the wet/dry signal mix?

I didn't quite get to the point of the last part of the original post.

Is my generic tube screamer wannabe just a bad example, or do most just run their TS-9/TS-808's through the clean channel, and not use any of the amps OD?

Is putting an OD/distortion pedal ahead of any Mesa just silly? :?

Okay, I'm leaving work now. Time to go home and RTFM!!!

cellardweller said:
Is putting an OD/distortion pedal ahead of any Mesa just silly? :?

I would have thought it was silly, but after going through some of the posts on this board, I'm starting to change my mind. It seems some players use stomp boxes for extra overdrive.

Personally, I get plenty of OD with passive pickups, but if it works for them, I've got no problem with it.

Latest posts

Back