Simul-Satellite +Stereo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
I have a simul-satellite and an ampeg b2 bass amp. I want to be able to run them in stereo. My old setup was a few pedals into the boogie, and in the effects loop i had an ibanez ad202 and a dod compressor. i would like to keep the delay inthe boogies effects loop and have the ampeg have either the wet or dry out or maybe i will split the wet and have it in both amps. where would i hook up the cable from the delay into the ampeg? It has an option for 'power am in' and it has an effects loop. is there a way to have the boogie be the master and have the ampeg emulate the tone from the boogie?

I know that the Simul-Satelllite is desigend to be the stereo component of a mark IV (?), although i wan still fuzzy as to how that is accomplished.

Is it safe to run the delay from the effects loop of the boogie into the ampeg? is there a better way? HELP!

Other than going direct from the slave into the Ampeg, it would have to have a parallel loop to be used just as a power amp. The Simul-Satellite stereo capability is explained in full detail on page 14 of the MK IV owners manual.

http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark%204.pdf

Whats a parallel loop? is that something akin to having the delay or the comressor in the effects loop of the boogie go to the power am in on the ampeg? or does is mean i should plug the cable into the effects loop return on the ampeg.

I've read the manual many times and i still dont understand what exactly to do. its not very clear. and it doesnt explain what the extra jacksare for. forwarding the eq? If anyone has a diagram of what all the jacks on the back of the simul-satellite are id appreciate it since there is no manual.

Call Mesa and have then e-mail you a manual. A parallel loop sends the effects to the power amp. A series loop is in the preamp chain. Like a Road Block on the Amazing Race, each has its pro's and cons.

The way I used to use my Simul-Satellite with my Mark IV (which doesn't have the Satellite send)

Is to run from the Effects send on the Mark IV, to any stereo type effects then run one side back into my Mark IV effects return and the other side into the Satellite effects return. I think you can do something similar if the Ampeg has an effects return.

You do not want to run into the instrument input, that is expecting a much lower input signal.

Not sure, but I hope that answers your questions?

Latest posts

Back