? Silverface Twin Reverb vs. Lonestar ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
I have a 1976 Silverface Twin Reverb that I am thinking of selling and replacing with a Lonestar. Question is, will I be able to get Fendery sparkle and cleans with the Mesa.

Definitely.....the Fender cleans live in the Lonestar's 6L6 tubes and circuitry. It's WAY more versatile than a twin too.

Never used the Lonestar,but in my experience,anything is better than the Silverface Twin.That is one amp that definately takes to the Blackface mod real well.

The Lonestar has 2 channels, Fender cleans, a great reverb with 2 modes, dual rectifiers, multiple power options - per channel, multiple tube options, a solo circuit.

Swapping outer tubes for a pair of Yellowjackets gives you even more options with the channel switching.

Bottom line: It is much more versatile.

kramerxxx said:
The Lonestar has 2 channels, Fender cleans, a great reverb with 2 modes, dual rectifiers, multiple power options - per channel, multiple tube options, a solo circuit.

Swapping outer tubes for a pair of Yellowjackets gives you even more options with the channel switching.

Bottom line: It is much more versatile.

It isn't a dual rectifier, I think kramerxxx mean dual recto modes, (diodes or tube). That choice is switchcable in the 50watt modes.

Jack

Back