Should I replace my cab ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dror520

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Avatar 2x12 open back cab w/Vintage 30 and g12h 30 watt speakers should I replace it ? and if yes ... for what ???

I have a mark iv and some people said that the mark iv shines with closed back and 2 vintage 30 so I wanted to be sure if it is a right decision to switch ?

Dror520 said:
How was the MB cab with the v30 speakers inside them ?
I didn't even plug them in. I suppose it would have been fair, and I should have to see how it would fair. I am pretty bias towards EV12L loaded and have been forever. I am simple.

I have a Peavey Classic 30 that I am going to put one of them in. They are both 16 ohm.

why minority ? most of the guys here prefer closed back ... so you prefer you're closed back MB more than the Avatar open back ?

GIG4FUN said:
I totally understand... That's one reason I spend so much. A person should really stay off of these forums!
:lol: +1

rabies said:
I had a mark iv. I ran it thru my mesa 4x12 half back and genz benz 2x12. sounded great with either, as does any other amp I've tried!

what was the difference in sound between the two ?

Latest posts

Back