Should I just go with MC90s...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucesinger

Reaction score
... and be done with it?

I am on a speaker quest for my Mesa vertical 2x12. (closed back). I just don't bond with V30s.

I am currently using Teles into an Express 5:50 or Lonestar Classic. I play "classic rock, so I need clean, edge-of-breakup, plus light to medium gain. I prefer to get my tones from the different amp channels, pushed with an OD.

I am looking at WGS, Reinhardt, (made by WGS), possibly Tone Tubby, (ceramic 40/40s), and Eminence. I really would like a speaker, or combination of speakers to give me clarity throughout the highs, mids and lows.

Or should I go with MC90s and be done with it?

Any opinions?

Go lookup a guy named SoundChaser in the Express forum. He has tried more speakers than anyone else on here that I know of. He can give you his opinions.

I love the Black Shadows in a Lonestar. Can go from sweet and singing to punchy and throaty depending on your settings IMO! YMMV

b0nkersx said:
I love the Black Shadows in a Lonestar. Can go from sweet and singing to punchy and throaty depending on your settings IMO! YMMV

+1 on the mc90(g12-80). Favorite speaker in my mkII, does everything really well.

I'm selling my MC90 if anyone is interested. Less than 5 months of use...

Latest posts

Back