Short head VS Long head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normandk7

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I will buy a mark 4 long head probably tomorrow. I already own a mark 4 combo but my back isn't what it use to be so...
Anyway, i was looking for a short head but i find a long head at a reasonable price so i thing i will go on with it.

I have some question:

-What are the difference between a short and a long head?I know there is the size but, what else?

-I know the long size (combo and head) come later so what was the reason to put on the market two size of the same amp?

-Is the two size sound exactly the same?

-Finally, a mark 4 long head with a thiele cab...Do you think it will be loud enough for small club??? (my combo do the job well so...)

Hope there is someone here who can help me with this!!!
Thanks,
Normand.

There is no difference ... only the size and some switches placements are different ... that all the difference ...

The short head will fit in a std rack system, the medium won't. The medium head looks cool on a 4x12 the short heads doesn't. A mains light on the front of the medium head and a couple of switches on the front that are on the back of the short head are the only real differences, other than there's a bit more room to store the footswitch cable too !! :D

Why don't you get a headshell and an open back 1x12 speaker cabinet to mount your chassis and speaker into. They will stack nicely on the thiele, and won't break your back to lift them. :D

DSC03468.jpg

Why don't you get a headshell and an open back 1x12 speaker cabinet to mount your chassis and speaker into. They will stack nicely on the thiele, and won't break your back to lift them.

Yes...I thought about it but i had an offer to trade my Synth guitar kit (roland GR)for a mark 4 long head and I'll go for it.

In a near future, i want my combo to become a head and an open back 1x12 cab and i want it in natural wood.
Oh!!!!if i only have more money...

tony777 said:
merendina said:
on the long head you can put 7 glasses of beer !!
on the short only 5.. :lol:
Then this discussion is over 8)
No way! My short head leaves more open space on the speaker cab where the drinks clearly belong! ;)

kiff said:
tony777 said:
merendina said:
on the long head you can put 7 glasses of beer !!
on the short only 5.. :lol:
Then this discussion is over 8)
No way! My short head leaves more open space on the speaker cab where the drinks clearly belong! ;)
****, I didn't think of that, well I've only got short heads, so....cheers

Latest posts

Back