Sharing my experience on RKII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlpetrucci

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks to everyone here, my amp issue finally fixed. I am now writing to share some of my experience on the RKII Combo and seeking opinions here.

Well, first of all, it's pretty good for lead sounds, various kind of lead sound I mean. You can either have a heavy solo sound, JP type lead sound, or even some blues sound. I appreciate it most is that no matter it's high gain or low gain, the 'Touching' sound is still there(hope ppl know what I mean), may be it's a trademark of Mesa!! :lol:

Speaking of Riff sound, it's GOOD, but I got some difficulties in setting it. Again, I got no problem to get JP's sound, however, my band, play Brutal Metal stuff, and we have C# tuning on 6, and even B on 7 string. The bass and mid are somtimes too much - even though I turned it to zero. Would like to know if anyone has the same experience? If there's idea how to fix it? I'm just wondering if it can be solved, if I added a 2X12 RK Cabinet (A+B) or simply a 4X12.

Well, the above experience is just simply plug the guitar into the amp directly, without any effect. Tried plug my GT-8 there once, but there's another issue. I'd bypass everything on GT-8(set to tuning mode), where the sound are still 'different' than the original sound. Will try more on it later, and post updates here.

Kindly share your experience or idea on the above, thanks in advance! :)

I am wondering if it's the speaker issue as well, so I am now considering connect an extra cabinet, may be a Marshall 4 X 12 or a another Peavey amp, 1X16.

Will try it soon and post any update here[/quote]

Latest posts

Back