Send/Return Loop Mix Knob for Three-channel Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlabrecque

Reaction score
Anyone understand what it does? I sure don't. And the manual's not very clear on it.

Is 100% supposed to be 100% preamp or 100% return? I was thinking that latter, but I still hear the pre-amp coming through full volume regardless of where the mix knob is set, so I have no idea what's going on.

I want to do all the wet/dry mixing on my all-in-one FX processor (Boss GT-10), so I really need the amp to allow a 0% preamp/100% return mix.

Any hope for me? :?

Thanks for your help.

I also use a boss gt10 with my 3 channel dual rectifier. I use the 4 cable method. All I know is that the boss gt10 requires a serial fx loop to sound right. The dual rec has a parallel loop. It will work, but unless you modify the loop there will be some sonic issues.

The loop on the 3 channel at 100% is more like preamp at 10% effects at 90%, always a bit of bleed from the dry signal. I always ran my effects units at 100% wet and used the return control on the DR to mix it in, which is how it's intended to be used I believe. A parallel loop will probably not give you what you're looking for.

flimz said:
I also use a boss gt10 with my 3 channel dual rectifier. I use the 4 cable method. All I know is that the boss gt10 requires a serial fx loop to sound right. The dual rec has a parallel loop. It will work, but unless you modify the loop there will be some sonic issues.

flimz,

What do you mean by "modify the loop"? You mean internally, on the Rectifier?

How satisfied are you using the 4CM with the GT-10 and Rectifier?

ToneAddictJon said:
The loop on the 3 channel at 100% is more like preamp at 10% effects at 90%, always a bit of bleed from the dry signal. I always ran my effects units at 100% wet and used the return control on the DR to mix it in, which is how it's intended to be used I believe. A parallel loop will probably not give you what you're looking for.

Ouch. So, 100% doesn't actually mean "100% wet", but rather "100% of what this knob will do -- which is 90% wet"? That's disappointing. A true 100% wet setting would add serial processing to the capabilities of the amp's FX loop.

I'll have to think about this. It seems kind of nuts, though. I mean, this means you can't even put a wah pedal after the preamp without getting some dry signal bleeding through. There must be lots of examples of patches where you don't want any dry signal mixed in.

I can't be the first to bring this up. Can I? :(

Thanks for the info, though; I appreciate it.

I suppose you could mod it with a switching pot that opens the direct signal circuit at the end of the sweep to give a true 100% mix. Or maybe a dual-gang pot that would trim down the direct signal as the return signal gain increases.

There's a mod floating around here somewhere to turn the parallel loop into a series loop, but supposedly it defeats the solo and fx function on the footswitch. I know the loop is a concern with some players, but i'm not a big effects user so it never bothered me (i run 2 delays in the loop and that's it). Good luck with your search and hope you find a way for it to work for you.

Yes, you have to modify the loop internally. Its a simple mod to do and there are several posts on here with diagrams. The only reason I havent done the mod yet is because I dont want to void my warranty. I love using the gt10 with the 4 cable method. I can put any effect I want in any order. OD's, boost, wah, modulation, comp, etc. before the dual rec preamp, and all the reverbs, delays, eq's and noise gate, after the dual rec preamp. Excellent flexibilty. I also use an RJM amp gizmo to control all the channel switching and solo functions, from the gt10. Im sure I will have the loop mod done at some point, so I wont lose any sonic integrity.

flimz said:
Yes, you have to modify the loop internally. Its a simple mod to do and there are several posts on here with diagrams. The only reason I havent done the mod yet is because I dont want to void my warranty. I love using the gt10 with the 4 cable method. I can put any effect I want in any order. OD's, boost, wah, modulation, comp, etc. before the dual rec preamp, and all the reverbs, delays, eq's and noise gate, after the dual rec preamp. Excellent flexibilty. I also use an RJM amp gizmo to control all the channel switching and solo functions, from the gt10. Im sure I will have the loop mod done at some point, so I wont lose any sonic integrity.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do with the native configuration of the loop before I get too bent out of shape. :)

And I'll search for the mod, too...

ToneAddictJon said:
There's a mod floating around here somewhere to turn the parallel loop into a series loop, but supposedly it defeats the solo and fx function on the footswitch. I know the loop is a concern with some players, but i'm not a big effects user so it never bothered me (i run 2 delays in the loop and that's it). Good luck with your search and hope you find a way for it to work for you.

Well, I'd hate to lose those footswitch functions, especially Solo. I'll have a look. Thanks.

Gents,

I've done some searching and found tons of posts mentioning the 3-channel Dual Rec loop mod, but nothing definitive. They all seem to point to some source that I can't find.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me to the plans for the mod (or mods), as well as complete information about the loss of functionality that comes with it.

Thanks.

Here...this is the link.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36840&hilit=series+parallel

I think theres also a thread somewhere about modifying the mesa footswitch to keep the solo function. Im not sure about that though.

Latest posts

Back