ROV reverb tank substitution

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDS

Reaction score
Is it possible to swap out the reverb tank in my ROV for whatever is in the Express 5:25 or the LSS? I know nothing about how the reverb electronics works but, if it was simply switching out the tank, I would love to have a better reverb in my ROV. Just curious!

I have a ROV v2 and I just had it in the shop. The reverb used to be ok but then it seemed to disappear altogether. The amp tech said he found some loose pieces in there and soldered them back on. Voila, more reverb.

Before he started the work he suggested replacing some resistors in the circuit for different values. He didn't end up doing this as he thinks the reverb is working good now.

hmm...this sounds familiar. Use the search! There used to be one or two topics about this, just a monht ago or something.

If it has been discussed recently I couldn't pull it up. I found a nice thread on an outboard reverb pedal which I will check out later tonight. Anyone else?

Thanks!

Ive got the ROV series 2 and also think the reverb is a bit lackluster.
I recently bought and returned the 5:25 for other reasons I dont need to mention here but the reverb was great compared to the ROV's. The reverb on the 5:25 is tube driven unlike the ROV.
I decided that I really like everything about the ROV, but its reverb, so I kept it and now use a Boss rv-5. Im totally happy with the rv-5 even though I know there are some much better pedals out there.
I have to say I was a bit surprised after bringing home the ROV that its reverb was so week,, you would think if you named something
rect-o-VERB it would have reverb to go along with its name. But I have to say I really like everything else about it.

I hear you Robbie, I love this amp but the reverb just isn't happening. I will start looking into some reverb pedals.

Thanks! :D

Hey KDS, I did a lot of reading before buying my rv-5 and what I really wanted and what many people seemed to really like was the
Electro Harmonix holier grail reverb. I decided against it only because of its size and it wouldnt fit in my pedal board.
Anyways you may know what you want already,,, I just thought I would share with you something I wish I could have gotten.

Latest posts

Back