Roadster Settings Anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to ask the same thing. I've been struggling with my Roadster for a little while to get the sound I want. I just got new DiMarzios in my Carvin a few days ago so now I'm trying adjust my amp to get the tone I want. Looking for the Petrucci tone....like everyone else around here lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are mine, keeping in mind my pickups are sucking, specially the bridge. Its the standard "V" EQ. The combos and cabinets seem to be designed for a mid-range frequency spike.

"O'clock" numbers, going from left (Gain) to right (Presence and Mode):

Channel 3: 12, 3, 9, 1:30, 2:30, Modern (Recto Blues Neck Pickup)
Channel 4: 3-5, 2:30, 9, 2:30, 3, Vintage (Recto Lead/Hard Rock Bridge Pickup)

really digging my channel 3 setting... reminds me of my mark IV on channel 3 with the eq engaged with a sorta v shape.... also i leave all my volumes static at about 12 and use the output for my volume i dont know if that makes a difference but i like it

volume: 11-12
presence: 4
bass: 3
mid: 10
treble:11
gain:2

little off topic but is anyone else as stoked as me about the reverb on this beast.... why has it taken so long for mesa to get the reverb right?

Channel 3*
  • Mode: Modern
    Master: 12
    Presence: 11
    Bass: 8:30
    Mid: 10
    Treble: 2
    Gain: 2

Channel 4*
  • Mode: Modern
    Master: 12
    Presence: 1