Roadster Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering getting a Roadster.

I really like the DR for crushing tones, but there is no Reverb.
I really like the Tremoverb for everything, but there is no Solo button.
I really like the Rectoverb for everything, but there is no Reverb to speak of.
I really like the Mark IV, but Channel 2 doesn't have enough oooomph for me, and it is hard to get certain tones without a lot of effort.

Here are my questions:
1. Does the amp live up to it's hype?
2. Is each channel useable, or just there?
3. Is there any noise when switching between channels?
4. I have heard that there is a delay when switching between channels, is this true?
5. How hard is it to dial in a tone that you are looking for?
6. Would you buy one sight unseen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is probably a dumb question... but i'm not even sure what the Solo does... i mean, i've never used it when I played a DR and TR but.. what exactly is it?

quick answer ..

1. Beautiful thick clean.
2. Beautiful thick Bassman type tone/or a clean like channel 1. .. not so good of a Marshall tone, this really disapoints me in the amp .. It falls VERY short on the Marshall thing.
3. Recto .. seems tighter, more refined, with more usable gain than my DR.
4. Recto .same as 3.

Solo button doesn't just add volume, it seems to add some meat to it too ..

.. Amp in my opinion does Cleans, and High Gain .. I am still searching for a decent Overdrive sound .. when I add Overdrive it just seems to muddy up .. or get harsh mid range overtones.

reverb is nice, no delay in switching hannels. . reverb does take a second or 2 to kick in. There is a pop when manually switching from Channel 4 to Channel 2 vintage ..

also .. the Effects loop seems alot more transperant than on my DR .. I am not fighting it, .. it just works, and works well.

I have a Roadster too. I really like channel 3. it gives me all the tings I loved on my Mark IV wich i didnt find in my triaxis.

I really love the Roadster....!

Its true what they say about it. it sounds better then other Recto's more middy less fuzzy and you can dial all tones into it you like!

Nocki

By the sound of your post Monsta-Tone, I might suggest that you go with a Road-King II and then get a good Tremlo Pedal. Personaly Im a bit of a raw guy. In an amp I just need a good all-around tone and as far as tremlo, reverb, or anything else they make pedals that do that well enough for my ear. Im not a huge fan of pedals though...but thats just me. They seem to complicate things-- Just give me a good solid amp and Im good to go-- :D

Latest posts

Back