Roadster question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6_6_6_1_syn

Reaction score
What 4x12 cab is most suitable for the Roadster? The Roadster cabs don't come as a 4x12 and I know its personal preference, but, any recommendations? The Roadster outputs stereo, correct?

I prefer the standard (oversize) Recto 4X12, others do like the Stiletto (traditional) because of the tighter bottom end. Many also use non-Mesa cabs as well.

The Roadster is not stereo. It is a mono head, like most other tube heads.

Dom

What do you think of a Road King cab? Or if im stuck financially, a behringer? Basically what I'm looking for is a good all-around rig. That's why I'm getting a Roadster. I love the powerful roar and deep tones that the Rectos are known for, but I also want the option to go a little tighter. Maybe not as much bite as a Mark IV head though. I just need something that will work well with what I'm playing on the Roadster.

jbird said:
I would'nt necessarily rule out the Roadster 212 cab!
the roadster 212 is the exact same thing as the stiletto 212 except it has black piping instead of silver.. this also makes me think that if mesa would have made a roadster 4X12 then it would have been the same as the stiletto 412 (but with the black piping again).. but then again a roadster is basically a stripped-down road king.. and the road king 412 has rectifer oversized dimensions

enough of that superficial stuff.. I prefer the traditional over the oversized cabs for my roadster.. I want some good chunk for my palm mutes and the bass on the oversized is full, yet saggy.. I got the traditional straight front.. it does sound better than the slant front (a more efficient design acoustically) but for live use it kinda sucks that I don't have much of the sound being projected towards me.. there is a lot less high end 'up there'

go with the slant front traditional and you'll have no regrets

rainsong86 said:
jbird said:
I would'nt necessarily rule out the Roadster 212 cab!
the roadster 212 is the exact same thing as the stiletto 212 except it has black piping instead of silver.. this also makes me think that if mesa would have made a roadster 4X12 then it would have been the same as the stiletto 412 (but with the black piping again).. but then again a roadster is basically a stripped-down road king.. and the road king 412 has rectifer oversized dimensions

enough of that superficial stuff.. I prefer the traditional over the oversized cabs for my roadster.. I want some good chunk for my palm mutes and the bass on the oversized is full, yet saggy.. I got the traditional straight front.. it does sound better than the slant front (a more efficient design acoustically) but for live use it kinda sucks that I don't have much of the sound being projected towards me.. there is a lot less high end 'up there'

go with the slant front traditional and you'll have no regrets

If you were to choose between the stiletto slant and straight for live use and studio/home use, which one would you end up with?

I think I'll probably end up with a Stiletto Traditional Slant, but can you get a better "Recto" sound out of this or a RK Slant? I'm into really deep, full, yet very hi-gain tones. Sometimes I do use a lot of bite though. The tones I probably use most though are sort of in between the two. Like very solid, distorted, and extremely hi-gain settings (Think...Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, the sound Kranks attempt to achieve). :D All of this doesn't mean I'm not looking for that "Recto" tone, thats why I'm looking at the Roadster :D .

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFlF6kbBrU

What a worthwhile link :lol: :lol: :lol:

And:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rM_JpfbAxjY

(Btw...Dethklok uses Kranks and it sounds good :shock: . But how?!?)

6_6_6_1_syn said:
I think I'll probably end up with a Stiletto Traditional Slant, but can you get a better "Recto" sound out of this or a RK Slant? I'm into really deep, full, yet very hi-gain tones. Sometimes I do use a lot of bite though. The tones I probably use most though are sort of in between the two. Like very solid, distorted, and extremely hi-gain settings (Think...Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, the sound Kranks attempt to achieve). :D All of this doesn't mean I'm not looking for that "Recto" tone, thats why I'm looking at the Roadster :D .

The RK cab is half openback. I haven't played one yet but if it sounds anything like the old Mesa Mark Series Halfbacks then it will sound really great with the right speakers. As far as getting a better "Recto" sound is concerned, the RK cabs didn't exist until not too long ago. To get the more common "Recto" sounds, you will have to base your cabinet choice on either the Traditional or Standard cabs depending upon if you want tighter or boomier sounds respectively.

Latest posts

Back