Roadster Midi switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Refixer

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here.

I bought my Roadster last November and recently acquired a GCX Audio-switcher and a Ground Control Pro.

I was wondering if it was possible to switch the channels (even if only two of them) on the Roadster with the midi unit

Thanks for the help in advance,
Refixer :)

Any/all of the 8 channels on the GCX can be used for switching. Connect as many as needed to the External Switching jacks on the back of the amp (patch cords will work but speaker wire is better), set up the GCX for "latching" and program it to respond to the ground control's buttons the way you want. You can control channel switching, reverb, fx loop, solo....whatever you like.

never used the gcx but i would assume the sends into the switches on the roadster..... i believe you should be able to find some literature on it somewhere on the web..... i dont know if you would be willing to get away from the gcx switcher but there is a similar device called the amp gizmo that does the same thing... actaul i find it easier to use.... it works with any midi contoller so you could still use the ground control.... and the best past it you buy a special cable made for your particular amp and it uses the regular footswitch input on the roadster instead of all the switches.... less wires in connecting things and it so easy to program..... i picked mine up for 350 for the unit and special cable.... you even save a few hundred over the gcx....here's their site if your interested: http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

also this isn't a rack unit but they are coming out with a new product that does the same thing as the amp gizmo but more and its a rack unit.... the amp gizmo has 8 controls while this new product (rg16 i believe??) has 16... worth checking out

Ok guys, I got my GCX to switch the channels (1 and 4, my main channels), but there isn't any sound coming from them.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks again for the help

PC250009.jpg

yes it is possible..

where are you plugging your guitar into?

if you are plugging it into the "guitar in" in the gcx.. you have to have the guitar out going to the amp. and if you are hooking up pedals.. you have to link the loops together, with a small cable.., you have to go from the guitar out, to the first input also.. take alot of cables.. and then the last 1/4" jack in the group of 4, you have to send to the input of the amp..

Back