roadster keeps fading out!!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robyrobster12

Reaction score
Hey guys, my roadster combo keeps fading in and out when im playing. im not sure what to do... not sure what is it... if you could help me out with this problem it would be much appriciated. (btw)... this problem just started about 3 days ago.

Mines kinda quirky that way at home sometimes, but it seems only with the loop engaged and plugged into a standard wall outlet. Bypass the loop system and see if the problem occurs...come to think of it, it depended on the loop status and i wasn't using the footswich at the time. Quite often volume drops can be loop related, but then again, what do i know!

Exact same problem My triple has with current production tubes in the cathode follower slots v3 and v4. Put JJ's in and it was fixed.....yet sounded like poo ran over twice. I put NOS vintage tubes in and all is well. It was only when i flipped it to spongy when it would drop volume, too.

so its the tubes? ok. which ones though. i know i have 2 rec tubes and 4 6l6"s. but what are those silver things in the back right behind the glass tubes? power maybe? and do i need to replace them?

The ones under the silver shields are the tubes in question. I know the roadster has 6 preamps versus my 5. I know the 3rd and 4th preamp tubes counting from the left as you look at the back of the amp are cathode follower tubes. One of yours is also the reverb driver I believe but I'm not sure. You can call mesa and they will tell you exactly which tubes you should swap out. If you're going with mesa tubes they'll send you JJ's which I don't like at all. You can try current production chinese tubes in there as well as just about any new old stock vintage tubes. If it is infact the tubes causing your problem, The chinese or vintage tubes will fix it right away. You should also suspect a possibly failing phase inverter tube. switching to spongy drops the circuit voltage and could cause issues with a finnicky tube.

i think i know the problem... the wall socket im plugged into might have a lower voltage, its probably not 150 watts like all the rest. this problem usually occurs at my house.

Having the same problem with my new roadster 2X12, I'm pretty sure that its the rectifier tubes. Try going thru all of the settings, see if it works with the diodes in-gauged instead. If it works, its defiantly the rectifiers. Even if it's not under warranty, it'll be a cheap fix.

btw all, I recently read the warrenty agreement and putting anything other GENUINE MESA BOOGIE TUBES in your amps will void the warranty. Just a fun fact incase you were thinking of getting after market tubes.

Let me translate that for you.....If you send us your amp for warranty work and have anything but Mesa tubes in it, then your warranty is void.

Which means if you have to send the amp in, pull your good tubes out nd stick the junk it came with back in.

Back