Roadster is in

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nknyc

Reaction score
:D this amp is amazing, every channel is just right on. Sounds amazing. At first the sound was barely coming through...Not sure why but I turned if off and then turned it back on and it was fine. But this thing just smokes. A ts-808 with channel 4 modern cranked is so musical and brutal. I just sold my triple rec and to me this sounds improved, not a whole lot but this amp just sounds amazing.

what tubes do you guys run in the preamp. I have heard about a tung-sol in V1 and JJ's sound good. Just wondering what config's you guys have.

100_2426.jpg

No offense or sarcasm intended, but what style of music is so gain-hungry that a roadster doesn't get there without a distortion pedal in front of it? I'll admit, I'm into Knopfler, the Allman Bros, etc and not high-gain metal - but I'm stumped.

Maury said:
No offense or sarcasm intended, but what style of music is so gain-hungry that a roadster doesn't get there without a distortion pedal in front of it? I'll admit, I'm into Knopfler, the Allman Bros, etc and not high-gain metal - but I'm stumped.

:roll:

dude, he is not using the boost for more gain. he using that overdrive to tighten the amp up. they have a loose bottom end

Congrats on the new addition! I find whenever I get a new amp it makes the other ones jealous and lonely!

That is the secret with recto's, you keep the gain around 12 or 1 oclock and then boost it with a clean boost (no added gain, just maxed level) and it tightens it up.

Maury said:

siggy14 said:
That is the secret with recto's, you keep the gain around 12 or 1 oclock and then boost it with a clean boost (no added gain, just maxed level) and it tightens it up.

Maury said:

how do you dial in a clean boost??

When I mean clean boost, i mean boosting the distorted channel with a pedal that has the level maxed, but the gain or drive completly off. Then you set the tone to your liking. This is considered a clean boost because it is not distorting the signal, it is just taking the level of your signal and making it hotter so this way the preamp tubes distort more as you are hitting them with a hotter input level.

abecon5 said:
siggy14 said:

Maury said:

how do you dial in a clean boost??

Isn't a clean boost best accomplished with your boost pedal running through the effects loop and not in front driving the preamp? Seems to be my experience anyways...

phillyred79 said:
Congrats on the new addition! I find whenever I get a new amp it makes the other ones jealous and lonely!

Thanks, and yes the JSX may or may not be staying, not sure yet.

Hasn't popped yet, although I have been switching through the channels in standby, that used to prevent popping on my other recto.

phillyred79 said:
Isn't a clean boost best accomplished with your boost pedal running through the effects loop and not in front driving the preamp? Seems to be my experience anyways...

Hmm, cool idea I have never tried a tubescreamer in the loop, I will try it out.

Back