Roadster "Classic" Tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesserides2005

Reaction score
For all of you that wonder if you can get a non-Metal tone out of the dual recto series of amps, here's a clip of me noodling on my Roadster to answer your questions. I personally think this is a killer sound and is not metal or fizzy at all.

Roadster Clip:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=509975

Gear Used:

Roadster: Channel 3, Vintage
Gibson Historic '57 Gold Top RI Les Paul
Mesa 1x12 open back widebody
Shure Beta 57
Cheap cables
Recorded straight into a Boss BR1600CD with no external EQ or effects.

The different gain levels are from rolling off the volume knob on the guitar.

Amp Settings:

Presence: 8
Master: 1
Bass: 11
Mids: 8
Treble: 12
Gain: 12
Output: 8

peace,
-d

What about combining/mixing the different channels of your Roadster and Stiletto together and recording some clips sometime? :D

Such as mixing: both clean, clean Roadster and driven Stiletto, driven Roadster and driven Stiletto.

Really curious how they sound together. Could be spectacular or uneventful. :)

OK, But...what I really want to know is what setup you were using on those bottom two clips? Roadster? I like em

scolli said:
OK, But...what I really want to know is what setup you were using on those bottom two clips? Roadster? I like em

The bottom clips are all the built in modeling feature's of the BOSS BR1600CD. I believe it's the COSM software from the GT-6? I wish I was tech savy enough to really utilize those feature's 'cause I think you can really do quite a bit with that unit. Maybe someday I'll take the time to actually figure out how it all works?

Thanks for the positive comments! I appreciate it!

peace,
-d

Back