Roadster Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Roadster Cabinet or know what the difference is between the Roadster and the standard Recto cabs? I've seen them listed on the price sheet (they only come as a 1x12 or 2x12, no 4x12) but I can't find pictures or more info for them on Mesa's website. I'd be curious to find out a little bit more about them.

I just talked to my dealer today and he didn't anything about them either because he hasn't seen one yet.

I know the Roadster 2X12 is a wee bit smaller than the recto 2X12. My local dealer has one. They are suppossed to have a tighter bass response than the 2x12 recto. I havent played through one though. Hope this helps.

Jeff
Roadster 2X12 combo
F-50 combo

Finnster said:
I know the Roadster 2X12 is a wee bit smaller than the recto 2X12. My local dealer has one. They are suppossed to have a tighter bass response than the 2x12 recto. I havent played through one though. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Finnster. I guess that explains why they don't make a Roadster 4x12. It is probably designed to be an extension cabinet for the Roadster combos.

I am considering a Roadster Head, do you guys think it would be better to get the Roadster 2x12 cab or to get a 4x12 cab. I'd prefer a 4x12 cab since I'd be getting the head version, but is there an major advantage to having the 2x12 aside from the bass response?

groovetuber said:
I am considering a Roadster Head, do you guys think it would be better to get the Roadster 2x12 cab or to get a 4x12 cab. I'd prefer a 4x12 cab since I'd be getting the head version, but is there an major advantage to having the 2x12 aside from the bass response?

Try both and you will see it's worth to have a 4X12! If you want to get on the road sometime i suggest you buy a separate 1X12. If you have money to spend...

soundpurist said:
groovetuber said:

Try both and you will see it's worth to have a 4X12! If you want to get on the road sometime i suggest you buy a separate 1X12. If you have money to spend...

Cool, but why would I need a separate 1x12?

Latest posts

Back