Roadster Cabinet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
I'm now considering a Roadster instead of a Road King. How would a Roadster 2x12 cab be different than the traditional 2x12 recto cab? Are there pics anywhere?

Thanks.

Dave

I'm not certain, but I think they just renamed their standard 2x12. From what I've read (although I don't know the exact demensions) it sounds like the same recto 2x12 they've were making before. This is similar to when they renamed the "Traditional" recto cab the "Stiletto" cab. No change, just different name.

But they still list the regular recto 2x12 in their price sheet. As well as a Stiletto 2x12 w/ V30s.

CudBucket said:
But they still list the regular recto 2x12 in their price sheet. As well as a Stiletto 2x12 w/ V30s.

Good point, I missed that. From what it reads, they sound the same (120watts, V30 speakers, casters, 8 ohms, etc.).

The only thing I can think of is that they possibly have different dimensions, or it's a marketing thing where you think you're getting a cab specifically for the Roadster or the Stilleto or whatever. That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. And if that's the case, why not a "Roadster 4x12" as well???

The difference in the recto trad cabs and a stiletto cab is merely the piping, The stiletto cabs have silver piping to match the head.

I just found out that the Roadster cab has some of the black treadplate on it. Otherwise it's the same.

Bluesman said:
The difference in the recto trad cabs and a stiletto cab is merely the piping, The stiletto cabs have silver piping to match the head.
There is no longer a Recto Traditional cab! Only a Recto Standard cab! But the question on hand is about the 2/12's! They do seem the same, except maybe the cosmetics? Whats it matter though, they're all the same $$!

Latest posts

Back