Roadster = A7X/Trivium?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6_6_6_1_syn

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the solid tones aquired by musicians such as Synyster Gates and Matt Heafy. I also noticed that they use Roadster heads. I was leaning towards the Roadster even more because of this, and I wanted to know if these hi-gain, very solid tones were easily available on the Roadster. If so, should I replace the stock tubes immediately with some EL34s, etc.? Preamp tubes? Does anyone know if they use the Roadster for recordings/live performances? Basically, though, what I need to know is if you can use the Roadster to achieve solid tones, where individual notes are audible, for solo and lead sections or A7X-like rhythm tones.

Thanks!
:D

If you're looking for more options and a better clean, the roadster will do it.

I find that the regular recto heads have a little more character to the gain channels though....so if you can live without the bells and whistles, save yourself some money and get a Dual Rectifier.

PS: Shameless spam, I know, but if you're interested in a Dual Rectifier, I will be selling mine very soon...I'm switching over to the Mark Series...it's in perfect condition, only a year old...let me know if you're interested!

I've looked into the DR, but I think the Roadster is for me. A good clean channel is necessary, and the Roadster seems to be very versatile. It's also more convenient for me than a RK or RKII considering the price :D .

The dual recto doesnt have more character, just a different character. The difference between the distortions is minor, but enough to tell if you play them side by side. Basically the roadster/roadking has more mid's and are closer to the old 2 channel rec's when it comes to clarity.

I am not sure what trivium uses to record, but I know on the first A7X used 2 channel recto's on there first album and on the second album it was a combination of a 2 channel recto and a ubershall.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
If you're looking for more options and a better clean, the roadster will do it.

I find that the regular recto heads have a little more character to the gain channels though....so if you can live without the bells and whistles, save yourself some money and get a Dual Rectifier.

PS: Shameless spam, I know, but if you're interested in a Dual Rectifier, I will be selling mine very soon...I'm switching over to the Mark Series...it's in perfect condition, only a year old...let me know if you're interested!

Yeah I thought they used Rectos because Syn had piles and piles of gear at their most recent Pittsburgh show, and he was using either a DR or a TR, can't remember :lol: .

Back