Roadster 112 vs. 212

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcsplifford

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the weight difference in the Roadster 112 and 212 combos? I own a Fender Twin reverb 212 and it weighs alot and its killing my back and my will to go jammin' so I'm thinking 112 is the way to go, but I like the full sound of a 212 so I'm not sure what to do.

I bought the roadster 1-12 combo for kind of the same reason. Got tired of lugging around the 4-12.

The Roadster 1-12 is no lightweight but it is manageable. I'm guessing it's in the 70-80lbs range. BUT, with the casters and side handles you really dont notice it that much. Twice a week I roll it out to my car and lift it into the trunk of my mustang without much trouble (I'm 45).

I pretty sure that the roadster 2-12 is the exact same size plus the added weight of an addition V30 speaker.

At practice I just use the combo. But for gigs I will be using a roadster 1-12 ext. cab as well.

I agree with the other guys though too. The head with a one or two 12 cab would also work well.

Her's a pick of my combo on top of the ext. cab. You'll see that the ext. cab is pretty small.

Hope this helps.

http://www.riotactband.com/images/roadster.jpg

I'm not sure, I guess all I ever had is combo's and it's just what I'm used to. And correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be a little more money for the same thing, kind of, besides the weight difference witch wouldn't be worth a few hundred dollers.

I have the 212 Roadster and it has to be about 100 lbs. I see Mesa updated the weight in the 2007 catalog.

Like Stratman posted it has wheels so the only issue I have is lifting in and out of my Explorer.

After I fire it up the great sound makes me forget about the weight...

Good luck!

mcsplifford said:
Can anyone tell me the weight difference in the Roadster 112 and 212 combos? I own a Fender Twin reverb 212 and it weighs alot and its killing my back and my will to go jammin' so I'm thinking 112 is the way to go, but I like the full sound of a 212 so I'm not sure what to do.

I bought my 112 Roadster for that reason and am kicking myself for it. The 112 must still weigh close to 100lbs. and is killing my back every weekend when I'm transporting it, I wish I'd have gotten a head/cab setup.

Funny it didn't seems to weigh so much at the shop when I was purchasing it.

anyone want to buy my 112? :wink:

stratman62 said:
I pretty sure that the roadster 2-12 is the exact same size plus the added weight of an addition V30 speaker.

http://www.riotactband.com/images/roadster.jpg

...Exactly...That's the only difference and I believe Mesa quotes the weight at 94lbs...I'm still in my "half stack" phase, well actually 3/4 stack, but the 2x12 combo is all you'll ever really need...This beast can move some air...Definitely one the BEST sounding 2x12 combos I've ever heard and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Mesa guy...It is really that good.

Back