roadking down we have a Roadking down

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine3

Reaction score
Plugged the RK into another cab at 4 ohms then switched it back to the Mesa cab where I am pretty sure I made the mistake of using the wrong speaker output. Then in the blink of an eye I turned the OUTPUT up thinking it was another volume knob in channel 3.

So I see a light flicker in the electronics chassis.

What a freakin day to have rehearsal but...what happened here? Tell me like I am a six year old.

:(

You probably blew a power tube and may have taken some components out with it.

Did you blow a fuse? Turning an amp on 3 with a speaker cab plugged will not do damage after 5 seconds; something failed for other reasons. If you blew a fuse take out all of the power and rectifier tubes while taking note of their position and try turning the amp on again (but don't try to play guitar through it). If you blow a fuse again or there are fireworks you have something wrong that needs serious attention.

I bet if you blew a tube you will notice it right off the bat. Power tubes should be replaced in pairs but if you have never retubed the amp it would be a good idea to do so now before the other tubes potentionally cause damage.

Greg

So accidentally having the amp with no cab plugged in when on for a few seconds won't damage it to the point of blowing up?

Will it cause any damage and how would i know?

As for konstantine3's Roadie., that sucks. :(

Keep us posted.

GazPots said:
So accidentally having the amp with no cab plugged in when on for a few seconds won't damage it to the point of blowing up?

I don't know anybody who hasn't done it on accident... But "no, it won't" answers your question. Of course, don't try it out to see.

I got two roadies actually....left arm and right arm

Anyhow I took it to the music store I always go to and Ill have an answer to the mystery of the poppin Mesa

I really appreciate the replies and I hope to learn more about these amps.

Kon

That would be one reason why buying anything on the floor at a shop sucks.

Back