RKII vs. VHT vs. Diezel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abecon5

Reaction score
Road King vs. VHT Ultra lead vs. Diezel Herbert or Vh4

ok, what do you guys think is the ultimate amp??

I have a custom RKII on order but I have been GASing for a Diezel for a while now and now a VHT.

I guess its too late since i already ordered the RKII head, :lol:

but I would like to know what you guys think???

My vote is for the RK II. It's simply a much more advanced amp and has way more character and tonal possibilities than the VHT or the Diezel in my opinion. Besides, if your going to spend $4,000 dollars on a VH4 I would look into the NEW ENGL E670 SE 6L6 or the E670 SE EL34!!!! That amp sounds like it could do some SERIOUS TONE DAMAGE!!!!! :twisted:

I listened to some clips of every amp you mentioned, but I actually tried only a VH4... and obviously a Dual Recto, so I could say I know the heavy side of the RKII. I found Diezels to have quite good but surely not excellent clean tones (sort of hi-fi clean); they can go very heavy and stay pretty tight, but overdriven tones lack a bit of that all-tube vibe and feeling I can hear in Mesas and VHTs, it's difficult to explain exactly... not that they sound cold, but Mesas are all another thing. I like VHTs more than Diezels, but not so much as Mesas: I think VHT builds mainly extremely good power amplifiers.

RoadKinger483 said:
My vote is for the RK II. It's simply a much more advanced amp and has way more character and tonal possibilities than the VHT or the Diezel in my opinion. Besides, if your going to spend $4,000 dollars on a VH4 I would look into the NEW ENGL E670 SE 6L6 or the E670 SE EL34!!!! That amp sounds like it could do some SERIOUS TONE DAMAGE!!!!! :twisted:

So I went with the ENGL E625 Fireball :D
thanks RoadKinger483!

Back