RK 1 / RK 2 Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsumura78

Reaction score
A lot has been said about these 2 amps but I haven`t found this. Are the dirty channels 3 and 4 the same on both amps ? Basically if I put the same settings on both will I be able to tell which amp is which. Thanks.

To my ears they are voiced differently. With the settings identical (same tubes, eq, vintage vs raw vs modern etc) channel 4 has a lot more brutal gain on tap. You can dial in similar sounds in the lower gain ranges. Think mashall-esque. But Ch. 4 definitely has more to give gain wise.

Some say having 4 channels is a little over-kill, but I find it works out very well. Ch. 1 - fenderish cleans, Ch. 2 nice bluesy break-up, Ch. 3 classic rock crunch, and Ch. 4 heavy modern sizzling gain. Check out my YouTube video. Do a search for 'phillyred79.'

I think he ment, between RK1 and RK2, where channel 3 and 4 changed. From what I understand they are suppose to be the same. But I have a friend with a roadster that had a RK1 before and he thinks they sound different.

phillyred79 said:
To my ears they are voiced differently. With the settings identical (same tubes, eq, vintage vs raw vs modern etc) channel 4 has a lot more brutal gain on tap. You can dial in similar sounds in the lower gain ranges. Think mashall-esque. But Ch. 4 definitely has more to give gain wise.

Some say having 4 channels is a little over-kill, but I find it works out very well. Ch. 1 - fenderish cleans, Ch. 2 nice bluesy break-up, Ch. 3 classic rock crunch, and Ch. 4 heavy modern sizzling gain. Check out my YouTube video. Do a search for 'phillyred79.'

Yeah I did mean between RK1 and the new RK2. I was just wondering if they were different and if so by how much.

Well according to my friend, he said the new roadster is closer to the dual rec, where the RK1 that I now own is closer to the tremoverb, this of course is while judging red channel. I have to agree, the RK1 is close to my tremoverb, and with my previous RK1 I had i noticed the same thing.

I havent had much of a chance to play his roadster or a new RK2 yet so I cant tell you if his discription is acurate, but he is not slob when it comes to tone so i trust his judgement.

katsumura78 said:
Yeah I did mean between RK1 and the new RK2. I was just wondering if they were different and if so by how much.

Latest posts

Back