Rich All-Tube Reverb Effect!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctc

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my amp, when I read the eighth paragraph on page 5 of the Mark V owner's manual "...set the desired mix of the rich all-tube reverb effect for each channel...", I wondered how they got a reverb sound out of tubes! What do I know, the combo in the store sounded great!

Now that I've received the head I see that they've used the old trusty Accutronics reverb tank. Unfortunately, I reflexively convulsed when I saw that the tank does not fit entirely within the head shell and protrudes precariously out of its bottom! I immediately thought of the dozens of times over the years that I have seen people place amp heads on top of things where the bottom of the amp head shell is in direct contact with an object below it, and the amp feet are dangling in the air. Has anyone damaged their reverb tank yet by someone setting the amp down in this manner?

No. Never damaged a tank. But it should be fairly easy to obtain taller feet. :D

That reverb tank is a pain in the ***. I use an assortment of cabs. Some have handles, some have corner edges, ect.

Back