rewiring an export transformer to 230V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boola

Reaction score
Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-head-Fully-loaded-Very-Good-Cond_W0QQitemZ330318375797QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330318375797&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_

I was looking at this IIC+ on ebay. If I wanted to use this in the UK, would it be possible to rewire the transformer so that it works with 230V mains?

Thanks!

If that's an export transformer, shouldn't it have the voltage selector on it? That's the whole point of the export transformer--to be able to use the amp worldwide. Am I missing something here or is the seller just mistaken?

Some people remove the knob head of the selector so they don't mess up with the voltage. Some others prefer to totally remove the selector.

Turns out the answer was in the Q&A section of the page...

This amp uses the export transformer (X101) but is not the export model. That is, the amp does not have a voltage selector. It is wired for 115V. Thanks

So the original question remains.

Hi! I'm the one selling the amp on ebay.

Reading some of the previous posts on this site, it seems that the X101 defintely supports 230 V operation. For example:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31555&hilit=X101

However, it seems all the of amps with the X101 have the voltage selector switch...does anyone have an x101 without the voltage selector switch? If so, is it running at 110 or 220V?

So, the question does still remain...

I just left a message with Mike Bendinelli at Boogie, asking the answer to this question. As soon as I hear back, i will post the response.

I just heard back from Mike Bendinelli. He confirmed that the X101 transformer has taps for 220, 230 and 240 Volt operation. The change should be made by an amp tech who "knows what he's doing", the fuse should be changed to one of the appropriate voltage, and the panel should be labeled properly.

Some people remove the knob head of the selector so they don't mess up with the voltage. Some others prefer to totally remove the selector.

The X-101 has taps for 100; 117; 200; 220; 230 and 240 volt. Same thing for the X-61.

Back