Reverb swap

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

908ssp

Reaction score
I put a new accutronics reverb tank in my MKIIC+ and it sounds way better then the old one. The old one was a short tank with three springs. the new one is a long tank with three springs (6 if you count the fact that each long spring is made up of two short springs but it is sold as a three spring tank). The new tank is one I bought from Webber for my 66 Vibrolux. The Boogie still doesn't have the amount of reverb that the Vibrolux is capable of but I never used all that. I could run the MKIIC+ reverb on 10 and it sounded really lush and rich and not weird over the top. Well maybe just a touch more then I would normally use. :lol:

Oh Yea the long tank did fit in my combo cab I had to raise the fan up a couple inches and since I use a Fane speaker it cleared fine. This might not be possible with the EV. :?

Mike B told me a common failier for old boogies reverb tanks is the foam, put in them to keep the springs from hitting the side of the tank, falls apart and it and the glue that held it in place get into the springs and makes them go dead. I looked and mine was that way, I'm installing a 3 spring to replace it.

The 8AB2A1B was the stock one. The one I used was 9AB3C1B which is the long 3 spring for Fender according to MOJO. The Accutronics web site breaks down the model code. seems the impedence is the same. The difference between the one you recommended is the input, whether it is grounded or insulated.

DIGIT #5 - CONNECTORS
A = Input Grounded / Output Grounded
B = Input Grounded / Output Insulated
C = Input Insulated / Output Grounded
D = Input Insulated / Output Insulated
E = No Outer Channel

You can find all the spec's to decipher the model code here.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/prodspec.htm

jakeddy said:
Mike B told me a common failier for old boogies reverb tanks is the foam, put in them to keep the springs from hitting the side of the tank, falls apart and it and the glue that held it in place get into the springs and makes them go dead. I looked and mine was that way, I'm installing a 3 spring to replace it.

That was a great piece of info. My 84 Hardwood has an 84 Dated 9AB2A1B and when I took the wood panel off the bottom, the foam was everywhere and the springs were sticky to the touch with bits of foam lodged between 50% of the middle of the three springs. I guess it is time for some spring cleaning !!!!

Latest posts

Back