Rev F vs MW Dual/Triple Rectos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwman3

Reaction score
So who here has had both a Rev F and a MW Recto side by side? I imagine this would be like the Mark IIc+ debate " how close does every other Mark get to the C+ sound". Yep all the other Mark amps sound fantastic and crushing but nothing is like a real C+ so I found one for a good price and bought it.
And around the same time I got the C+ a mint condition Rev G rack mount Dual Recto popped up for **** good price and I picked that up too.
I love the Rev G but after here clips of Pre 500 and Rev F Dual and Triple Rectos there is definitely something special about the brighter and aggressive nature of those earlier Rectos. So the MW Rectos are a little brighter and aggressive sounding then the older 3ch and definitely brighter than the Roadking/Roadster. Will the MW Recto get just as bright and aggressive as a Rev F or Pre 500 or is it just like the C+ debate, they all sound good but there is nothing like a real Pre 500 or Rev F.

Here’s your answer....they sound the same. I can only assume the MW was based off of Rev F.

https://youtu.be/MaENravrkTQ

Latest posts

Back