returning to the fold - hopefully

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baconator

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've gigged with my bare bones 60W IIC+ - pushing 9 years now. That gig was a jazz/funk band and the IIC+ was perfect for the sound I was looking for. Now I'm in more of a roots/rock band that requires a more raw sound and less volume. So here are my questions:

1) Does anyone use an attenuator on their IIC+? The master volume works fairly well, but it's so sensitive and I doubt I'll be able to get the master up above '2' and might even have a hard time getting it that high.

2) I'm thinking about putting the chassis in a headshell since I think a V30 or something like that might fit the tones I'm going for better than the stock Black Shadow (150 watt capacity, type MS12 if that helps) and since I've had issues in the past with vibration affecting the pull pots I think it might work better in general.

I'm using I Dr. Z Carmen Ghia for the band right now and it is a great match for what I'm looking for tone-wise and volume-wise, but I imagine there will be times when I need a little more volume that it can provide - just not THAT much more volume. I really love my IIC+ and would like to get it out more often, but perhaps this just isn't the right gig for it.

Ok, so while waiting for a reply I fired it up again and was able to dial in a tone that works pretty well for what I'm looking for in a relatively short amount of time. I think I actually like the stock speaker better than my single 12 cab with a v30. Still thinking about an attenuator though as the ringing in my ears from my dabbling is getting annoying (even though it was fun).

I don't know if this helps or not (never had a IIC+), but I have sometimes used one on my Mark IV when I need to take the edge off a little. I use a Weber Mass 200.

Back