Replacing pots on my Nomad

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riff Blister

Reaction score
I have a few pots on my Nomad that I believe are shot.
Channel 1 treble, Channel 2 mid and at the fx loop.
When they are advanced to a certain point the just cut out completely.
It's not like they are dirty and scratchy either. They just cut out.

I want to replace them myself but I don't know where to get the new ones.

Would someone be able to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,

I have a Nomad 100, and I just replaced a bunch of pots. I bought them directly from Mesa. I used the page in the manual to get the correct parts numbers. However, the numbers in the manual are old, like 592739, which is now 593739. Just give them the old parts number, and they will find the correct corresponding new number.
HTH

if you dont wanna hassle with shipping radio shack will have your replacements but theyre the bigger kind.

if you wanna get some good parts on the cheap check out pedalpartsplus.com

as far as values go it should say on the original pot itself. if you can read a schematic (or even if you cant) you can find the values here: http://schematicheaven.com/boogieamps/boogie_nomad100.pdf just do a bit of close looking and you can find them! just look for a jagged line with an arrow pointing to it and its labeled what that controls and what value it should be

ive replaced a few pots myself and its the only drag about the nomad. oh who am i kidding i love soldering stuff! where are you located ill do it for you

I had the same problem when I first bought my Nomad. I took it to a mesa authorized repair shop, and the tech was able to repair the pots themselves, no replacement necessary.

yeah sometimes you can just spray some contact cleaner in there and it fixes it right up however with something that gets alot of turns (especially wahs) its more of a temporary thing unfortunately.

id say just buy the pots and then never have to worry about them again

For some reason the bottom row of control knobs get banged around on the Nomads. It is true that they may be repairable without replacement. A LOT EASIER THAN UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING NEW ONES. The back cover cap on the pot has four little tangs that hold the cover on and the guts inside the assembly. You can see if they have been physically pushed loose and it is easily fixable with a small set of needle nose pliers. Your Mesa Tech has probably done this before and is best qualified to determine if the pot is repairable or if a replacement is necessary.

That's what had happened to my Nomad, and all that was necessary was to re-crimp the pots back together. In addition to that, he soldered the parts together so they would be less likely to be damaged from a mild bang. The parts and labor cost ended up being a lot less than what I was originally expecting.

I just want to add that replacing the pots on the Nomad is **** easy. Even with minimum soldering skills you could replace them. Since the pots are not expensive, I would go for replacing them over repairing them. I think Mesa charged me $1.95 for a pot the first time I bought one, and the next time they sent me the pots under warranty.

Back