Red led problem on CH3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demon Of The Fall

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been reading this forum for a while and unfortunately my first post here is to ask for your help, I hope the next time I create a topic is to contribute to the community.

I own a Mesa Mark V combo, and when I arrive home from work last friday, I began to play guitar as every day and after a while I note that the red led that indicate that the channel 3 it's active began to behave funny and suddenly it starts to turn off and on and some times it is on but at half power (the red led).

The sound seems normal, no pop when the led behave erratic, it only occur on channel 3, before this I noted that when I go from the channel 1 to channel 3 or channel 2 to channle 3, both leds (green and yellow) pop but I though that was normal and part of the pop sound, I don't know if this is another symptom but I prefer to power off the amp immediately and I plan to leave it this way until I know for sure that it's is only the led and no other problem.

I was using a mini amp gizmo (with the corresponding custom cable for the mark V) controlled via midi by a GT100 conected with the 4CM. In the moment I noted the problem, I disconnected all and come back to FS only. By doing this I remove the noise supresor within the GT100 and I noted the channel 3 noiser than it should be. Again, CH1 and CH2 are fine.

It is posibble that an extra 12ax7 in the ch3 be failing and producing the current fluctuation in the led ? maybe V4, V5 or V6 ?

Here is the link to a video that I just made with my cell phone. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76943869/video-2013-08-31-14-43-25.mp4

Thanks in advance
DZ

APEMAN said:
Hi again!

today ... and years after the red one that died after a fiew weeks.... the yellow LED from channel 2 died....

I can't believe it.... I think I'm going to change the green as well when I open her up.

MESA .... come on "...cooking with the right ingredients..." ... sry I love you and your products but how much money can you save by buying ceep LEDs (0.01$) instead of quality ones (0.02$)?

Sorry to hear that! However, out of the hundreds of thousands of LED's we have used, there have only been a handful of failures!!!

Latest posts

Back